Last updated: Jan 17, 2017
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your profile. Should you choose to delete your account, please contact us we will follow up with such request as soon as possible.
Use of the Data
We only use your personal information to provide you the Website services or to communicate with you about the services or the Website.
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorised access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it's needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it's needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
The Website is operated from the United Kingdom. If you are visiting the Website from outside the UK, you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
The Website may contact you, by email or other means. For example, the Website may send you promotional emails relating to the Website or other third parties Website feels you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of the Website. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from Website, please opt out of receiving emails from your profile preferences.
Sharing of Data
We don't share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymised data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Website and service. We currently use Google authentication (for log in and exporting data to your Google Sheets), Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimisation), an Stripe for transaction collection. Feel free to refer to their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
- Google Authentication: used to access the site for the first time, and if you select to export the results from Taxdo, write access is required to export to your Google Spreadsheets. These permissions can be revoked directly on Google's permission pages (though this may break functionality on Taxdo).
- Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
- Stripe: we request read only access your account, to calculate tax rates for EU states. You can also revoke this from Stripe's connected application settings.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquisition of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Should you have any question or concern, please contact us.